The Kindergarten program provides a gentle transition into school life and a preparation for Prep, thus increasing the chances that your child will have a positive start at school. Kindergarten operates during school terms on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, between the hours of 9.00am to 3.10pm.
The program is led by an experienced teacher and the children are involved in readiness skills to prepare them for Prep. The children attend classes alongside the mainstream primary classes and participate in a buddy program with our upper primary students. The bond that develops between the Kindergarten child and their older mentor is an integral part of their transition process. The benefits of Kindergarten include:
- Your child enjoys a gentle transition into the education process.
- It increases your child’s ability to achieve success in Prep.
- Your child will develop relationships with his or her peers, ‘buddies’ and teachers.
- Your child will gain knowledge of the layout and the routines of the school, so that Prep does not become a frightening prospect for them.
- Potential cost savings, as the Kindergarten fees are generally significantly lower than other services available.
- It introduces your children to Christian values at an earlier stage in their education.
The Kindergarten Program covers:
- Introduction to Literacy
- Introduction to Mathematics – numbers, patterns, sorting, days of the week, months of the year, etc.
- Gross motor skills development, e.g. ball skills
- Fine motor skills development, e.g. writing, arts and craft
- News time
- ‘Buddies’ – this is a great opportunity for your child to make connections and friendships with older students in the school.